8 Gorgeous Pipe & Drape Wedding Backdrop Ideas by Rent My Wedding
Pipe & drape backdrops are an inexpensive way to transform and elevate the decor at your wedding venues, divide rooms, and more. They can be used as a backdrop for a head table, sweetheart table or even photo booths. These backdrops can also be used around an entire room to hide plain walls and add elegance. We’ve developed a simple new system that makes it easy for anyone to setup in a matter of minutes – no experience required! Here’s a tutorial on how to setup a do-it-yourself pipe and drape backdrop for a dream wedding:
Each backdrop will cover up to 12 feet wide and up to 10 feet tall but you can connect multiple backdrops together to cover more area. Most wedding planners use 1 or 2 backdrops to create a beautiful look behind a head table or a gorgeous addition to a wedding alter. But some brides may want to add drapes around the entire venue. The number of backdrops will just depend on the size of the reception room. For an extra special effect, use uplighting to make the backdrop glow in color!
Now here comes the fun part—decorating your backdrop! Check out these 8 romantic and unique ideas to personalize your backdrop for your wedding theme:
1. Use chandeliers in between the draping to add a romantic and glamorous touch.
2. Split the drape down the middle and add flowers or ivy.
3. Combine your linen backdrop with some fun paper floral designs for an adorable, romantic scene.
4. Display a gobo monogram against your linen backdrop to create a custom background that’s perfect for wedding photos.
5. Hanging vines down the backdrop frame will create a sweet, rustic look.
6. Use garland for a full garden effect. Mix in subtle pops of white or soft blush flowers to create a vintage feel.
7. Add twinkling lights to create a romantic vibe that captures attention
8. If you’re having a whimsical wedding, skip the drapes and hang ribbons instead!
About the Author
Rent My Wedding is the nation’s leading provider of wedding rental products. Rental items include event lighting, linens, pipe and drape backdrops, photobooths, and more. Anyone can easily setup the company’s do-it-yourself rentals, thanks to user-friendly products and easy to understand instructions. Clients order online, and rentals are delivered several days before the wedding. Afterwards, clients put everything back in the box and send back using a pre-paid return label. Shipping is free both ways anywhere in the continental U.S.